12.07.2012

Conference



We got tickets!!!




My friends Lydia and Haleigh came down from Idaho for General Conference in October. It was my first time actually being at conference so that was pretty exciting in itself. Then President Monson announced that the mission age would be lowered for boys to 18 and for girls to 19. Lets just say that the only thing that people at BYU talked about for the two weeks following (and really the rest of the semester) was missions. This changed my life a lot, not because I am planning on going on a mission, but because all my friends are. Two of my roommates are moving out tomorrow because they will be going on their missions in March to Taiwan. My best friend, Becca, was just call to Houston, Texas yesterday and a million other girls I know are in the process of submitting their papers, or already have. The demographics at BYU are going to change so much! It could be a good thing because that means more boys for me. It stinks for the boys because the girls they want will all be gone. 

I feel like this is the first major change in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints that I've seen up close and personal, even though I've been a member all my life. I'm so excited to see the effect that this change has on missionary work. I can't wait to see all the growth and all the lives that are touched because more missionaries are out in the world sharing the true gospel of Jesus Christ. I know a mission may not be the best thing for me, at least not right now, but I know that anyone that goes will have their life changed and will have the opportunity to change other's lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment