4.23.2011

My birthday

So yesterday was the 17th anniversary of President Nixon dying. Oh yeah, and it was my 17th birthday. I had an absolutely amazing day. So the radio is my alarm, and guess what song was on when I woke up? It was Born this Way by Lady Gaga. Crazy coincidence? I think not. It was just awesome. Then songs on the radio the rest of the day were all great so that always makes me happy. Also, in seminary, Sister Davies brought in doughnuts and I got to wear the birthday crown. Spencer brought me a balloon and it was my baby and Lydia gave me sprinkles cupcakes. Then I had a test at school which I thought I was going to fail but I think I did really excellent on it. Then Haleigh wrote on the windows of my car so thats always fun! After school my mom and I baked our pants off so there would be delicious food for my party. Then we had some lovely spaghetti and I opened my presents. I got some clothes and shoes and a sweet curling iron. Then we finished up the baking and decorated. The food was sooooooo good. We had oreo bon bons (crushed oreos mixed with cream cheese then dipped in chocolate) and these chocolate cookies with a cookie dough frosting in between. Also, we had snickers cupcakes (chocolate cupcakes with a snickers in them and caramel frosting) and some white chocolate party mix and some chips and dip. I think everyone felt sick afterward. I absolutely loved everyone that came and I had so much fun with all of them. I have some really amazing friends. :) We went in the spa and it was super closterfobic with all the people in there. But it was fun. Then we all just talked and went crazy. A pretty typical Mormon party. Overall I had a really terrific birthday! 17 might not be a very exciting age but I know that it's going to be an exciting and crazy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment